Monday, November 24, 2008

Family Update

This last week has had its ups and downs. Bobby didn't get too sick from the chemo after being on two new nausea medications but he was really tired all week. We made it to the fundraiser for Rick Dukatz but it took everything out of him and he was pretty much down for the rest of the weekend. He is starting to get the color back in his face though. For days he looked really pale and had dark circles under his eyes. His appetite came and went, one day eating a ton with no problem and the next having a couple pieces of bread afraid that they would come up. Like I said in a previous email, that was the last chemo treatment and they'll be doing a CT scan on December 22nd. We're really praying for better health in 2009. 2007 and 2008 we dealt with his thyroid, ulcers in his esophagus, three shoulder surgeries, and then the cancer. Its really hard to not expect something else right around the corner but I refuse to live my life like that. We need to appreciate every day that we have here and don't have a life threatening illness. If something else comes up, we'll deal with it then, until that time, one day at a time!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I WILL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU ROB TOMORROW WHILE YOU ARE INTHE DOCTORS OFFICE.I PRAY THAT EVERYTHING GOES WELL. I'M STILL PRAYING FOR YOU AND I LOVE YOU BOTH VERY MUCH.

TRISH XO