Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sad News

I am so, SO, sad to say goodbye to my best friend and husband, Robert Brian Bragg who passed away yesterday morning December 14, 2009. I'm too emotional to write anything more right now so I'll share a poem that his cousin found. I'll add more when we've written it. Thanks for everyone's prayers, phone calls, visits, and love.

Sent from above...
To my dearest family,
Some things I'd like to say
But first of all to let you know
That i arrived OK.

I'm writing this from Heaven,
Where i dwell with God above
Where there's no more tears or sadness.
There is just eternal love.

Please do not be unhappy
Just because I'm out of sight;
Remember that I'm with you,
Every morning, noon and night.

That day i had to leave you
When my life on earth was through
God picked me up and hugged me
And he said I welcome you.

Its good to have you back again
You were missed while you were gone
As for your dearest family
They'll be here later on.

I need you here so badly
As part of My big plan,
There's so much that we have to do,
To help our mortal man.

Then God gave me a list of things
He wished for me to do,
And foremost on that list of mine,
Is to watch and care for you.

And i will be beside you,
Every day, week and year,
And when your sad i'm standing there
To wipe away the tear.

And when you lie in bed at night,
The day's chores put to flight,
God and I closer to you
In the middle of the night.

When you think of my life on earth
And all those living years,
Because your only human
They are bound to bring you tears.

But do not be afraid to cry,
It dose relieve the pain;
Remember there would be no flowers
Unless there was some rain.

I wish that i could tell you
Of all that God has planned,
But if i were to tell you,
You wouldn't understand.

But one thing is for certain
Though my life on earth is over,
I'm closer to you now
Then i ever was before.

And to my very many friends
Trust God knows what is best
I'm still not far away from you
I'm just beyond the crest.

There are rocky roads ahead of you
And many hills to climb,
But together we can do it,
Taking one day at a time.

It was always my philosophy
And i'd like it for you too
That as you give unto the World
So the world will give to you.

If you can help somebody
Who's in sorrow or in pain,
Then you can say to god at night
My day was not in vain.

And now i am contended
That my life it was worth while
Knowing that i passed along the way
I made somebody smile.

So if you meet somebody
Who is down and feeling low
Just lend a hand to pick him up
As on your way you go.

When you are walking down the street
And you've got me on your mind
I'm walking in your footsteps
Only half a step behind.

And when you feel that gentle breeze
Or the wind apon your face
Thatsme giving you a great big hug
Or just a soft embrace

And when its time for you to go
From that body to be free
Remember you are not going
You are coming here to me.

And i will always love you
From the land way up above,
Will be in touch soon
P.S. God sends HIS LOVE

8 comments:

Lebo Family said...

That is a great poem. I love you Jenny!

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
I'm soooo sorry for your loss! Bobby was a good man! I'm sad I didn't get to see and talk to him again. You are in my thoughts!
xoxoxo
Michelle (Weezie)

Adri said...

Jenny,
I am so sorry for your loss. Let me know if there is anything you need. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Adrienne B.

Heather said...

Jenny,
I was so sorry to hear you had lost Bobby. My heart goes out to you and your family and I am with Adri, please let us know if there is anything at all we can do. No matter how simple or hard that may be, we are here for you.

Kara said...

Just want you to know that we all love you and are keeping you and your family in our prayers. Love you.

Anonymous said...

We want to let you know that our prayers and thoughts are with you. We are so sorry and want you to know how much we truly care. If there is anything you need please let us know. If you need a shoulder to cry on or a friend to listen, we are here for you.

Amy said...

We love you Jenny. You are in our prayer!

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

Much love always and forever. We are truly sad and broken hearted. Bobby was like a Big Brother to me and always will be. He was a good person with a big heart.He will never be forgotten. That is a beautiful poem. RIP my dear friend.

Love Ya, Virginia & Kyle Kidd