Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Chemo Day 1

Chemo went good yesterday for Bobby. They had a lot of trouble starting an IV so the poor guy has injection sites all over the place. In all it ended up taking about 2 1/2 hours. We kept busy with the laptop, talking to nurses and other patients, and me running around filling prescriptions. They said he really shouldnt get sick but gave him some nasuea medicine just in case. The most common side effect of Carboplantin (the chemo drug he received) is a drop in his HCT and WBC which leaves him susceptible to infection so we were proactive and got him his flu shot. This morning he seemed perky so let's keep our fingers crossed he makes it through these next few weeks without having to feel crappy. Once again, I had every intention of taking pictures and then completely forgot. I'll make sure to take some next chemo day. I'll keep you all updated on how he feels.

1 comment:

Adri said...

You guys hang in there.